This involves delivering activities that emphasize the development of an individual’s personal values and principles through activities that promote the Spirit of Sport Values. This program is organized for children under the age of 14 years during school holidays and/or weekends.
The Agency has also partnered with the Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development to mainstream Values Based Anti-Doping Education in the schools’ curricula.
Spirit of Sport Values
The values that reflect celebration of the human spirit, body and mind include:
- Ethics, fair play and honesty
- Athletes’ rights as set forth in the Code
- Excellence in performance
- Character and education
- Fun and joy
- Dedication and commitment
- Respect for rules and laws
- Respect for self and other participants
- Community and Solidarity